Our Learning Targets
Here's What We Are Learning...
- Choosing a "just right" book
- Buddy reading (reading partners work together)
- Taking a "sneak peak" (making a prediction by looking at a book's cover)
- Checking a "sneak peak"
- 3 ways to read a book (looking at the pictures, reading the words, retelling the story)
- Reading stamina
- What to do when finished reading a book? Retell or reread your favorite part.
- Strategies for solving tricky words: check the picture, read the first letter/part, look for parts you may know.
- Rereading to make it sound smooth
Sight Words Learned
and, big, I, can, come, go, that, on, got, me, is, for, do, look, you, one, he, she, we, was, see, like, it, have, had
at, the, to, stop, little, of, with, said, her, him, boy, girl, out, not, but, this, be, good, as, get
here, are, do, will, can't, came, an, because
Phonics Focus "blends"
Words with ing, and, ing, ung
- Writing thoughts down on paper using spaces
- Writing letters and numbers correctly
- Forms of punctuation: period and exclamation
- Skip counting by 2's, 5's, 10's
- Counting forwards and backwards from 1 -30
- Using a 100's chart to help us count
- Place value (ones, tens)
- 10 frame
- Addition o - 10
- Doubles 2+2 5+5 8+8
- Addition story problems
- Doubles plus 1 (if I know 2+2=4 then 2+5 is 1 more)
- Doubles plus 2
- Fact families
- Expanded form
Weather & seasons